Phiaton’s new over-ear headphones
Phiaton sent us a new set of over-ear Bridge headphones and right away we were very impressed with the design. Check out the photo above and you’ll notice the machined aluminum design with the soft black perforated leather and the red accents. With headphones these days everything starts with the design as we all want to look good while enjoying our music in public. These new headphones are also very comfortable as well.
The sound quality was also excellent with a deep bass response as the new Phiaton headphones feature the following specs:
- A dual -chamber structure providing richer detail and clearer, more powerful bass
- Frequency range: 15 Hz ~ 22 kHz
- Impedance: 16 Ohm
- THD: Less than 1% at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity: 99 dB at 1 kHz
- Maximum input power: 1,000 mW
- Weight: 250 g (without cord) / 0.55 lb (without cord)
- Cord Length: 3.6 ft / 1.2 m
Check them out here! The holidays will be here before you know it so these can be a great gift option for the fashion-conscious music lover.
Posted in: Gadgets, Lifestyle
Tags: 2013 holiday gift guide, electronics for guys, electronics for men, electronics reviews, electronics reviews for guys, electronics reviews for men, gadget design, gadget gift guide, Gadget gifts, gadget reviews, gadget reviews for guys, gadget reviews for men, gadgets for guys, gadgets for men, gear for guys, gear for men, gear reviews, gear reviews for guys, gear reviews for men, great gadget design, Holiday Gift Guide, holiday gift guide for guys, holiday gift guide for men, over-ear headphones, Phiaton, Phiaton Bridge headphones, Phiaton headphones, stylish gadget accessories, stylish gadgets
Holiday drinks with Van Gogh Dutch Caramel Vodka
So it’s the last weekend before Christmas, so it’s time to get serious about getting gifts.
We’re always fans about giving booze gifts, and if you’re buying for women in particular, you can’t go wrong with flavored vodka. Van Gogh has tons of great flavors, and we recently tried their delicious Dutch Caramel Vodka. Trust us – this stuff will bring a smile to her face. Even better, take some to the next holiday party you go to and you’re guaranteed to be a big hit.
While you’re at it, learn to make the cocktail picture above.
HOT CARAMEL BUTTERED RUM
3 oz Ron Abuelo Añejo rum
1 oz Van Gogh Dutch Caramel Vodka
1/4 stick Unsalted Butter, softened
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Honey
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
Combine all ingredients (excluding rum and vodka) into a hot drinking cup or mug. Mix together with a spoon then add Ron Abuelo Añejo and Van Gogh Dutch Caramel Vodka. Pour in hot water (1 cup or more to personal taste) and stir vigorously until the mixture has dissolved. Garnish with cinnamon stick.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in: Food & Drink, Lifestyle, Vices
Tags: 2012 holiday gift guide, booze, booze for guys, booze for men, cocktail recipes, cocktails, drink recipes, Dutch Caramel Vodka, flavored vodka, gadget stocking stuffers, gift guide, gift guide for guys, gift guide for men, Holiday Gift Guide, holiday gift guide for guys, holiday gift guide for men, Hot Caramel Buttered Rum, liquor, liquor for guys, liquor for men, Ron Abuelo Añejo rum, spirits, spirits for guys, spirits for men, stocking stuffers, vodka
ReF over ear headphones from iLuv
We tried out these stylish new ReF headphones from iLuv and were very impressed. We love the styling and the white stitching, and along with the black version picture above the headphones also come in red, white and blue. Check out their website for a look at the other colors. If you’re looking for a last-minute holiday gift you can’t go wrong with these headphones. The styling make these headphones a great option for anyone, as they’ll fit into an urban setting or even a more professional setting with the slick but classy design.
While styling is important, we’re happy to report that the sound quality is excellent and the headphones are very comfortable. Other impressive features include the braided fabric 1.2 meter cord, Titanium diaphragm for mega-bass and precise treble, in-line remote with play/pause, volume, and track change controls and built-in mic with hands-free. The earphones are also collapsible for ultra-portability.
Posted in: Gadgets
Tags: 2012 holiday gift guide, gadget design, gadget reviews, gadget reviews for guys, gadget reviews for men, gadget stocking stuffers, gadgets for guys, gadgets for men, gift guide, gift guide for guys, gift guide for men, great gadget design, headphones, Holiday Gift Guide, holiday gift guide for guys, holiday gift guide for men, iLuv, music, music gadgets, ReF, ReF headphones from iLuv, stocking stuffers, stylish gadget accessories, stylish gadgets
How to Pleasantly Surprise Your Wife This Holiday Season
It’s a common stereotype how women give their husbands a “Honey-Do” list that is never ending. Whether this is the case or not in your household, consider surprising your wife this winter with some new additions. Instead of waiting to be asked, take some initiative and change things up, which will make your wife—and in turn you—all the more happy. Being spontaneous and surprising your wife is good for your marriage as well.
1. Surprise your wife with a new haircut. Has your wife been nagging you about getting a haircut? Why not get a new do and surprise her with it. Subtly ask her opinion beforehand, to get an idea on how she will respond to it. You could also change your facial appearance by growing (or removing) a beard.
2. Redecorate the bedroom as a Christmas surprise. This can go beyond doing fixes or hardware upgrades. Consider what colors your wife likes. Find a color scheme and purchase a new bedspread. Upgrade with Bed Bath Store curtains and valances. If you aren’t particularly skilled with color scheming and interior design, ask a store associate for help. Most are trained to know the color wheel and what works with what.
3. Pick out a new winter wardrobe. This will be a nice surprise for your wife if you aren’t a big clothes shopper. Buy some new sweaters and dress nice on your date night. Buy stylish and complementary clothes to replace any worn or ratty clothes stashed away in your closet.
4. Take up a new hobby with your wife. Quality time is important and often overlooked in our hectic daily lives. Choose a hobby with your wife that you would both enjoy. You could start wine tasting, take a cooking class, go to a woodworking workshop, take an art class or even something off the wall like singing lessons. This newfound hobby will bring you together and bring more excitement to both of your lives.
5. Give your wife a spa day. Offer to watch the kids and surprise her with a gift certificate to her favorite spa or beauty parlor. She can be pampered with massages, hot tubs, hair and nails. Being a mom is a 24-hour a day job that often goes thankless. Mom deserves a break every now and then.
6. Cook your wife her favorite home cooked meal. If possible, have it ready to be served when she arrives home. Try to make something that is a rare treat, or something she hasn’t eaten in a while.
7. Go big and plan a trip! Surprising your wife with a romantic and fun trip for the two of you might even be more pleasing to her than jewelry and you get to go too, so why not! You can find many luxury lifestyle websites to get fancy trip ideas.
Posted in: Lifestyle
Tags: 2012 holiday gift guide, gift guide, gift guide for guys, gift guide for men, gifts for her, go to a woodworking workshop, Holiday Gift Guide, holiday gift guide for guys, holiday gift guide for men, home cooked meal, jewelry, luxury gifts, luxury lifestyle, plan a trip, Redecorate the bedroom, relationship advice, spa gift certificate, spa gifts, start wine tasting, take a cooking class, take an art class
The Light from the TV Shows: Gifts for the TV Geek
You’ve no doubt already seen the TV-DVD recommendations in Bullz-Eye’s Holiday Gift Guide, but what if you’ve got a TV geek on your gift list who already has every single DVD set on our list? Fortunately for you, I’ve rounded up a few not-at-all-cheap suggestions.
“Community” Holiday Exclusive Gift Set
Features a “Troy & Abed in the Morning” coffee cup (“With a generous capacity of 15 ounces, refills are not needed!”), a Warhol-inspired Troy & Abed poster, a t-shirt featuring the Greendale Seven in video game form. and a plush Human Being…which, if you’re not already a fan of the show, probably warrants a bit of explanation. Per the NBC online store, “The Greendale Community Human Being plush mascot reflects the diversity of Greendale and our species by being nothing at all. Now you can have your own creepy version!” If that doesn’t sound like the icing on a delicious “Community” cake, then…well, uh, you’re probably not the target demo. But maybe you know someone who is, so keep it in mind just in case. ($50.00)
“Dexter” LOOK/SEE Limited Edition Sunglasses
Described as “perhaps the greatest Dexter usable collectable out there,” what you get is a set of sunglasses with white frames spattered in blood, stored in a wooden case which, not coincidentally, looks quite a bit like Dexter’s “trophy case.” The case also includes blood slides and a syringe. Move fast, though: it’s a limited edition set – there are only 500 units being produced, and each wooden case is individually numbered. ($149.95)
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in: Entertainment, News, Stuff to Buy, Television
Tags: 2012 holiday gift guide, Breaking Bad, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Community, Dexter, Doctor Who, Games of Thrones, gift guide, gift guide for guys, gift guide for men, Holiday Gift Guide, holiday gift guide for guys, holiday gift guide for men, Sons of Anarchy, Star Trek, stocking stuffers, The Jetsons, The Light from the TV Shows, The Office, Will Harris