Adidas unveils “BIG Logo” uniforms
If you’re looking for cool NBA-themed gifts for the holidays or some new gear for yourself, check out these new “BIG Logo” uniforms unveiled by adidas and the NBA that will be worn by all 10 teams playing on the Christmas Day games. The “BIG Logo” Holiday Collection incorporates short-sleeve jerseys featuring oversized team logos in a reflective chrome color scheme on the chest as well as holiday-inspired warm-up jackets and shooting shirts and are available for purchase NBAStore.com. I suspect plenty of NBA fans would love to get this as a gift and then see players wearing them on Christmas day so this looks like a great promotional idea.
Check out the slideshow above as Derrick Rose, Dwight Howard, Harrison Barnes and Iman Shumpert show off the new jerseys. Also, keep an eye out for the new TV spot below showcasing the new uniforms.
Here’s the NBA game schedule on ESPN and ABC channels:
12 p.m. – Chicago Bulls at Brooklyn Nets
2:30 p.m. – Oklahoma City Thunder at New York Knicks
5 p.m. – Miami Heat at Los Angeles Lakers
8 p.m. – Houston Rockets at San Antonio Spurs
10:30 p.m. – L.A. Clippers at Golden State Warriors
Posted in: Gear, Lifestyle, Sports
Tags: 2013 holiday gift guide, Adidas, BIG Logo uniforms, Derrick Rose, Dwight Howard, fashion for men, gear for guys, gear for men, gift guide, gift guide for guys, gift guide for men, Harrison Barnes, Holiday Gift Guide, holiday gift guide for guys, holiday gift guide for men, Iman Shumpert, men's fashion, NBA, NBA jerseys, style, style for guys, style for men, team jerseys, “BIG Logo” Holiday Collection
Phiaton’s new over-ear headphones
Phiaton sent us a new set of over-ear Bridge headphones and right away we were very impressed with the design. Check out the photo above and you’ll notice the machined aluminum design with the soft black perforated leather and the red accents. With headphones these days everything starts with the design as we all want to look good while enjoying our music in public. These new headphones are also very comfortable as well.
The sound quality was also excellent with a deep bass response as the new Phiaton headphones feature the following specs:
– A dual -chamber structure providing richer detail and clearer, more powerful bass
– Frequency range: 15 Hz ~ 22 kHz
– Impedance: 16 Ohm
– THD: Less than 1% at 1 kHz
– Sensitivity: 99 dB at 1 kHz
– Maximum input power: 1,000 mW
– Weight: 250 g (without cord) / 0.55 lb (without cord)
– Cord Length: 3.6 ft / 1.2 m
Check them out here! The holidays will be here before you know it so these can be a great gift option for the fashion-conscious music lover.
Posted in: Gadgets, Lifestyle
Tags: 2013 holiday gift guide, electronics for guys, electronics for men, electronics reviews, electronics reviews for guys, electronics reviews for men, gadget design, gadget gift guide, Gadget gifts, gadget reviews, gadget reviews for guys, gadget reviews for men, gadgets for guys, gadgets for men, gear for guys, gear for men, gear reviews, gear reviews for guys, gear reviews for men, great gadget design, Holiday Gift Guide, holiday gift guide for guys, holiday gift guide for men, over-ear headphones, Phiaton, Phiaton Bridge headphones, Phiaton headphones, stylish gadget accessories, stylish gadgets
Holiday drinks with Van Gogh Dutch Caramel Vodka
So it’s the last weekend before Christmas, so it’s time to get serious about getting gifts.
We’re always fans about giving booze gifts, and if you’re buying for women in particular, you can’t go wrong with flavored vodka. Van Gogh has tons of great flavors, and we recently tried their delicious Dutch Caramel Vodka. Trust us – this stuff will bring a smile to her face. Even better, take some to the next holiday party you go to and you’re guaranteed to be a big hit.
While you’re at it, learn to make the cocktail picture above.
HOT CARAMEL BUTTERED RUM
3 oz Ron Abuelo Añejo rum
1 oz Van Gogh Dutch Caramel Vodka
1/4 stick Unsalted Butter, softened
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Honey
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
Combine all ingredients (excluding rum and vodka) into a hot drinking cup or mug. Mix together with a spoon then add Ron Abuelo Añejo and Van Gogh Dutch Caramel Vodka. Pour in hot water (1 cup or more to personal taste) and stir vigorously until the mixture has dissolved. Garnish with cinnamon stick.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in: Food & Drink, Lifestyle, Vices
Tags: 2012 holiday gift guide, booze, booze for guys, booze for men, cocktail recipes, cocktails, drink recipes, Dutch Caramel Vodka, flavored vodka, gadget stocking stuffers, gift guide, gift guide for guys, gift guide for men, Holiday Gift Guide, holiday gift guide for guys, holiday gift guide for men, Hot Caramel Buttered Rum, liquor, liquor for guys, liquor for men, Ron Abuelo Añejo rum, spirits, spirits for guys, spirits for men, stocking stuffers, vodka
ReF over ear headphones from iLuv
We tried out these stylish new ReF headphones from iLuv and were very impressed. We love the styling and the white stitching, and along with the black version picture above the headphones also come in red, white and blue. Check out their website for a look at the other colors. If you’re looking for a last-minute holiday gift you can’t go wrong with these headphones. The styling make these headphones a great option for anyone, as they’ll fit into an urban setting or even a more professional setting with the slick but classy design.
While styling is important, we’re happy to report that the sound quality is excellent and the headphones are very comfortable. Other impressive features include the braided fabric 1.2 meter cord, Titanium diaphragm for mega-bass and precise treble, in-line remote with play/pause, volume, and track change controls and built-in mic with hands-free. The earphones are also collapsible for ultra-portability.
Posted in: Gadgets
Tags: 2012 holiday gift guide, gadget design, gadget reviews, gadget reviews for guys, gadget reviews for men, gadget stocking stuffers, gadgets for guys, gadgets for men, gift guide, gift guide for guys, gift guide for men, great gadget design, headphones, Holiday Gift Guide, holiday gift guide for guys, holiday gift guide for men, iLuv, music, music gadgets, ReF, ReF headphones from iLuv, stocking stuffers, stylish gadget accessories, stylish gadgets
How to Pleasantly Surprise Your Wife This Holiday Season
It’s a common stereotype how women give their husbands a “Honey-Do” list that is never ending. Whether this is the case or not in your household, consider surprising your wife this winter with some new additions. Instead of waiting to be asked, take some initiative and change things up, which will make your wife—and in turn you—all the more happy. Being spontaneous and surprising your wife is good for your marriage as well.
1. Surprise your wife with a new haircut. Has your wife been nagging you about getting a haircut? Why not get a new do and surprise her with it. Subtly ask her opinion beforehand, to get an idea on how she will respond to it. You could also change your facial appearance by growing (or removing) a beard.
2. Redecorate the bedroom as a Christmas surprise. This can go beyond doing fixes or hardware upgrades. Consider what colors your wife likes. Find a color scheme and purchase a new bedspread. Upgrade with Bed Bath Store curtains and valances. If you aren’t particularly skilled with color scheming and interior design, ask a store associate for help. Most are trained to know the color wheel and what works with what.
3. Pick out a new winter wardrobe. This will be a nice surprise for your wife if you aren’t a big clothes shopper. Buy some new sweaters and dress nice on your date night. Buy stylish and complementary clothes to replace any worn or ratty clothes stashed away in your closet.
4. Take up a new hobby with your wife. Quality time is important and often overlooked in our hectic daily lives. Choose a hobby with your wife that you would both enjoy. You could start wine tasting, take a cooking class, go to a woodworking workshop, take an art class or even something off the wall like singing lessons. This newfound hobby will bring you together and bring more excitement to both of your lives.
5. Give your wife a spa day. Offer to watch the kids and surprise her with a gift certificate to her favorite spa or beauty parlor. She can be pampered with massages, hot tubs, hair and nails. Being a mom is a 24-hour a day job that often goes thankless. Mom deserves a break every now and then.
6. Cook your wife her favorite home cooked meal. If possible, have it ready to be served when she arrives home. Try to make something that is a rare treat, or something she hasn’t eaten in a while.
7. Go big and plan a trip! Surprising your wife with a romantic and fun trip for the two of you might even be more pleasing to her than jewelry and you get to go too, so why not! You can find many luxury lifestyle websites to get fancy trip ideas.
Posted in: Lifestyle
Tags: 2012 holiday gift guide, gift guide, gift guide for guys, gift guide for men, gifts for her, go to a woodworking workshop, Holiday Gift Guide, holiday gift guide for guys, holiday gift guide for men, home cooked meal, jewelry, luxury gifts, luxury lifestyle, plan a trip, Redecorate the bedroom, relationship advice, spa gift certificate, spa gifts, start wine tasting, take a cooking class, take an art class