Many younger people do not know much about the Mini Cooper’s history. In addition to being a top-selling automobile since the middle of the 20th century, the Mini Cooper’s legacy is partially tied to its racing history. While most auto teams focused on improving their engine sizes, Mini Cooper drivers instead focused on the light weight and great cornering the Mini provided. In the middle of the 1960, the Mini Cooper dominated the Monte Carlo Rally, winning the race from 1964 until 1967. Its success changed how people envision cars. Today, the retro look of the Mini Cooper stands out among other vehicles. Here are a few ideas for styling a Mini Cooper.
- Retro elements: Retro is always in, and those who emphasize the retro aspects of their Mini Coopers will find that their tweaks never go out of style. Homemade items were popular in the sixties, so a knit steering wheel cover will look great in a Mini Cooper. Consider hanging a peace sign, the leading symbol of the 1960s, from the rear-view mirror or elsewhere. The 1960s happy face will also remind people of the era and emphasize what the Mini Cooper should be: a happy, fun car. Particularly ambitious drivers can even consider painting flowers and other elements of 1960s style for an extreme look.
- Racing heritage: The Mini Cooper’s racing heritage is legendary, and symbols of this dominance can look great on Minis. Simple, classy racing stripes look great on the Mini’s lines, and new wheels can complete the look. An upgraded exhaust can make the Mini look, drive and sound great as well as serve as a nod to the Mini’s history. Bold drivers may even consider painting their favorite number of the side of their car.
- Focus on the interior: Some love the standard look of their Minis, but there are options for styling for them as well. By focusing on the interior, drivers can add fashion cues for themselves and their passengers. Beaded seats are both nostalgic and look great, and a new stereo system is always a worthy, stylish upgrade. Simple upgrades such as new floor mats and accessories to hang on the rear-view mirror can improve the interior look of the car tremendously.
- Sophisticated themes: The Mini Cooper is a quirky, fun car. One option more are considering is taking steps to make the Mini a more sophisticated, stately vehicle. A simple black or white paint job paired with tinted windows can transform the Mini from a fun car to one that can even be a bit intimidating. While some scoff at this notion, it is possible to match the more serious look of the Fiat 500 in a car with a slightly larger footprint.
- Extreme styling: While most people will stick with relatively minor style upgrades, some people prefer to radically transform their cars. For these people, the Mini Cooper is a great option. Its lines and simple structure makes it a great platform for extreme car design, and Mini Coopers have been transformed into a number of different looks. If the goal is to transform a car into a bug, a dog, a cat or anything else, the Mini Cooper is a great model to use.
The Mini Cooper sells well around the world. With the increased attention dedicated to vehicles that do not negatively affect the environment, the Mini Cooper is positioned to take see increased sales. Those who like to style their cars will find it is a great option.