Father’s Day is just a week away, so this week we focused quite a bit on our Father’s Day Gift Guide. It’s one of the easier holidays to shop for as we mostly consider stuff we like as well, so there’s plenty of booze and gear, and Matt Byrd gave us his 10 best video games for dad. Of course there’s plenty more going on, so here’s some good stuff from the past week:
- In his review of “Prometheus,” David Medsker called it “the most gorgeous space monster movie you’ve ever seen” and he also gave it 3.5 stars.
- Meanwhile, “The Avengers” has had an incredible run at the box office. Read our review if you haven’t seen it yet.
- In the TV world, “Game of Thrones” wrapped up its second season on HBO. Read about the last episode in Nate Kreichman’s blog and you can catch up on all of our reviews and cast interviews on our new Game of Thrones Fan Hub. As this show is ending, “True Blood” returns for a new season which we hope is better than the last one . . .
- We also have to admit we have a thing for Callie Thorne (see her below). You’ll remember her as McNulty’s ex-wife in “The Wire,” but she really caught our attention as one of Hank Moody’s casual hookups in Season 4 of “Californication.” Now she stars in “Necessary Roughness” and Will Harris got to speak with her and other cast members as they start season two.
- We traveled to Nashville to test drive the all-new Nissan Altima, which should be a real winner in its category, and we also reviewed the 2013 Chevy Malibu Eco. This week we’ll be heading out to Utah to drive the new Ford Mustang on a track!
- In a much more serious article, Mike Furci gives some great advice on how to avoid cardiovascular disease.
- In a new playlist feature, Fitz & the Tantrums drummer John Wicks’ lists his favorite songs of the moment.
- Ever have a Corpse Reviver #2? Check out Bob Westal’s latest Drink of the Week selection.
Callie Thorne in “Necessary Roughness”
Posted in: Entertainment
Tags: 2012 Father’s Day Gift Guide, booze, Bullz-Eye week in review, Californication, Callie Thorne, Chevy Malibu Eco, Father’s Day, Father’s Day Gift Guide, Game of Thrones, Gear, Hank Moody, HBO, how to avoid cardiovascular disease, Nissan Altima, Prometheus, Sunday Reading, The Wire