Portable USB Shaver from Shavetech
This portable electric shaver from ShaveTech is one of the more unique and interesting products we’ve reviewed in a while. It’s a USB shaver, so it’s ideal for traveling as you can charge it anywhere in or out of the US if you have access to a computer or other USB port. When not charging, the ShaveTech USB port flips up directly into the razor itself. The shaver is no bigger than a typical smart phone so it will fit anywhere from your pocket to your briefcase.
The sleek and simple design makes it very easy to use. The top slides on and off revealing the foil shaver head, and the shave with this super-light unit is nice and comfortable.
Anyone who travels often will love this useful gadget. Check it out at ShaveTech.com and also consider it for a gift with Father’s Day approaching.
Posted in: Grooming, Lifestyle, Stuff to Buy
Tags: 2013 Father’s Day Gift Guide, electric razer, Father's Day, Father's Day Gift Guide, foil shaver, gadget reviews, gadget reviews for guys, gadget reviews for men, gadgets for guys, gadgets for men, gear for guys, gear for men, gear reviews, gear reviews for guys, gear reviews for men, gift guide, gift guide for guys, gift guide for men, portable shaver, shaver, Shavetech, USB, USB shaver
Tommy Bahama hybrid swim trunks
The weather is warming up and summer is around the corner, so it’s definitely time to start shopping for a new pair of swim trunks. Our friends at Tommy Bahama sent us a stylish and unique pair with the Hybrid of Paradise 11″ Swim Trunks.
They’re unique because you can wear them as swim trunks or regular shorts. They look like a cross between regular clothe shorts and a bathing suit, but the cotton/polyester blended material is very comfortable while also being appropriate for the water. All of the interior pockets are mesh like you would find in a bathing suit, but it has the standard external pockets you would expect from a pair of cargo shorts. The only surprise is that it doesn’t have the mesh underwear portion you would expect from a bathing suit, so that makes them look even more like shorts along with the zipper in the front.
The shorts also come in a wide variety of colors. We liked the royal blue pair we had with the yellow logo on the side. With the quick dry fabric these shorts are perfect for boating and beach outings, particularly when you’ll be going back and forth between the water and the bar!
Check out Tommy Bahama for this hybrid option along with a wide variety of tradition swimwear, along with newer styles that have a shorter inseam as well. And with Father’s Day around the corner these and other items can offer great gift ideas as well.
Posted in: Gear, Lifestyle, Stuff to Buy
Tags: 2013 Father’s Day Gift Guide, bathing suit for men, classic styles for guys, classic styles for men, clothes for guys, clothes for men, cotton/polyester blend, fashion for guys, fashion for men, Father's Day, Father's Day Gift Guide, gear for guys, gear for men, gear reviews, gear reviews for guys, gear reviews for men, gift guide, gift guide for guys, gift guide for men, hybrid bathing suit, Hybrid of Paradise 11" Swim Trunks, hybrid swim shorts, men's fashion, men's swimming trunks, men's swimsuit, men’s swimwear, men’s wardrobe, men’s wear, new styles for guys, new styles for men, style, style for guys, style for men, Tommy Bahama, wardrobe for guys, wardrobe for men
Holiday drinks with Van Gogh Dutch Caramel Vodka
So it’s the last weekend before Christmas, so it’s time to get serious about getting gifts.
We’re always fans about giving booze gifts, and if you’re buying for women in particular, you can’t go wrong with flavored vodka. Van Gogh has tons of great flavors, and we recently tried their delicious Dutch Caramel Vodka. Trust us – this stuff will bring a smile to her face. Even better, take some to the next holiday party you go to and you’re guaranteed to be a big hit.
While you’re at it, learn to make the cocktail picture above.
HOT CARAMEL BUTTERED RUM
3 oz Ron Abuelo Añejo rum
1 oz Van Gogh Dutch Caramel Vodka
1/4 stick Unsalted Butter, softened
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Honey
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
Combine all ingredients (excluding rum and vodka) into a hot drinking cup or mug. Mix together with a spoon then add Ron Abuelo Añejo and Van Gogh Dutch Caramel Vodka. Pour in hot water (1 cup or more to personal taste) and stir vigorously until the mixture has dissolved. Garnish with cinnamon stick.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in: Food & Drink, Lifestyle, Vices
Tags: 2012 holiday gift guide, booze, booze for guys, booze for men, cocktail recipes, cocktails, drink recipes, Dutch Caramel Vodka, flavored vodka, gadget stocking stuffers, gift guide, gift guide for guys, gift guide for men, Holiday Gift Guide, holiday gift guide for guys, holiday gift guide for men, Hot Caramel Buttered Rum, liquor, liquor for guys, liquor for men, Ron Abuelo Añejo rum, spirits, spirits for guys, spirits for men, stocking stuffers, vodka
ReF over ear headphones from iLuv
We tried out these stylish new ReF headphones from iLuv and were very impressed. We love the styling and the white stitching, and along with the black version picture above the headphones also come in red, white and blue. Check out their website for a look at the other colors. If you’re looking for a last-minute holiday gift you can’t go wrong with these headphones. The styling make these headphones a great option for anyone, as they’ll fit into an urban setting or even a more professional setting with the slick but classy design.
While styling is important, we’re happy to report that the sound quality is excellent and the headphones are very comfortable. Other impressive features include the braided fabric 1.2 meter cord, Titanium diaphragm for mega-bass and precise treble, in-line remote with play/pause, volume, and track change controls and built-in mic with hands-free. The earphones are also collapsible for ultra-portability.
Posted in: Gadgets
Tags: 2012 holiday gift guide, gadget design, gadget reviews, gadget reviews for guys, gadget reviews for men, gadget stocking stuffers, gadgets for guys, gadgets for men, gift guide, gift guide for guys, gift guide for men, great gadget design, headphones, Holiday Gift Guide, holiday gift guide for guys, holiday gift guide for men, iLuv, music, music gadgets, ReF, ReF headphones from iLuv, stocking stuffers, stylish gadget accessories, stylish gadgets
How to Pleasantly Surprise Your Wife This Holiday Season
It’s a common stereotype how women give their husbands a “Honey-Do” list that is never ending. Whether this is the case or not in your household, consider surprising your wife this winter with some new additions. Instead of waiting to be asked, take some initiative and change things up, which will make your wife—and in turn you—all the more happy. Being spontaneous and surprising your wife is good for your marriage as well.
1. Surprise your wife with a new haircut. Has your wife been nagging you about getting a haircut? Why not get a new do and surprise her with it. Subtly ask her opinion beforehand, to get an idea on how she will respond to it. You could also change your facial appearance by growing (or removing) a beard.
2. Redecorate the bedroom as a Christmas surprise. This can go beyond doing fixes or hardware upgrades. Consider what colors your wife likes. Find a color scheme and purchase a new bedspread. Upgrade with Bed Bath Store curtains and valances. If you aren’t particularly skilled with color scheming and interior design, ask a store associate for help. Most are trained to know the color wheel and what works with what.
3. Pick out a new winter wardrobe. This will be a nice surprise for your wife if you aren’t a big clothes shopper. Buy some new sweaters and dress nice on your date night. Buy stylish and complementary clothes to replace any worn or ratty clothes stashed away in your closet.
4. Take up a new hobby with your wife. Quality time is important and often overlooked in our hectic daily lives. Choose a hobby with your wife that you would both enjoy. You could start wine tasting, take a cooking class, go to a woodworking workshop, take an art class or even something off the wall like singing lessons. This newfound hobby will bring you together and bring more excitement to both of your lives.
5. Give your wife a spa day. Offer to watch the kids and surprise her with a gift certificate to her favorite spa or beauty parlor. She can be pampered with massages, hot tubs, hair and nails. Being a mom is a 24-hour a day job that often goes thankless. Mom deserves a break every now and then.
6. Cook your wife her favorite home cooked meal. If possible, have it ready to be served when she arrives home. Try to make something that is a rare treat, or something she hasn’t eaten in a while.
7. Go big and plan a trip! Surprising your wife with a romantic and fun trip for the two of you might even be more pleasing to her than jewelry and you get to go too, so why not! You can find many luxury lifestyle websites to get fancy trip ideas.
Posted in: Lifestyle
Tags: 2012 holiday gift guide, gift guide, gift guide for guys, gift guide for men, gifts for her, go to a woodworking workshop, Holiday Gift Guide, holiday gift guide for guys, holiday gift guide for men, home cooked meal, jewelry, luxury gifts, luxury lifestyle, plan a trip, Redecorate the bedroom, relationship advice, spa gift certificate, spa gifts, start wine tasting, take a cooking class, take an art class