Under-the-radar high school quarterbacks will get one shot to compete in the biggest game of their lives in MTV2’s “The Ride: The Road to the U.S. Army American Bowl,” which will air its second season on Saturday, November 13th at 11:00PM ET.
Only one quarterback will remain standing and play alongside the very best players in the nation at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Saturday, January 7. The eight contestants will go through a grueling process in which they’re coached up by some of the best in the nation in order to gain a Division 1 scholarship. It’s a great concept and a cool idea for a show.
The Scores Report got its hands on an exclusive clip of “The Ride,” which you can see below. For more info on the show, click here.
Here are the quarterbacks who will be competing against each other on “The Ride”:
- Ashton Broyld: 6’3″/225lbs (HS – Rush Henrietta) Henrietta, NY. Threw for nearly 1,800 yards and 17 touchdowns and rushed for almost 600 yards as a junior in 2009.
- Travis Champion: 6’1″/214lbs (HS – Rancho Verde) Moreno Valley, CA. Guided his high school to an 11-1 record as a junior in 2009.
- Josh Harris: 6’1″/198lbs (HS – Country Day) Detroit, MI. Threw for 1,650 yards in 18 touchdowns as a junior in 2009.
- Taylor Heinicke: 6’1″/185lbs (HS – Collins Hill) Suwanee, GA. Received a rating of 3 at the FBU camp Atlanta, GA.
- Connor Hempel: 6’3″/208lbs (HS – Ryle) Union, KY. Threw for 1,894 yards and 18 touchdowns as a junior in 2009.
- Driphus Jackson: 6’0″/175lbs (HS – Cedar Hill) Cedar Hill, TX. Threw for 1,506 yards and 16 touchdowns as a junior in 2009.
- Alex Mallory: 6’4″/205lbs (HS – Ballard) LaCenter, KY. Threw for 2,210 yards and 22 touchdowns as a junior in 2009.
- Anthony Reid: 6′/180lbs (HS – West Catholic) Philadelphia, PA. Threw for 1,098 yards and nine touchdowns in 2009.